Indooroopilly , Got Snatched By Teenagers While Fishing.

Ellen1117

I got here in Brisbane 5 months ago, start to get into fishing, not good at it though.

Last Friday around 4pm, went to  a place under a bridge near Coonan St Indooroopilly. Two teenagers( roughly aged 18 and 12, respectively ) came up to talk with me about fishing.little one ask me lend my phone to him to call his mom, before i handed it over, he just grab my phone and ran.But i did manage to catch the little one as i  run fast, and got my phone back. Was shocked by their reaction after i caught one of them, they were shameless with furry staring eyes, then they ran away. I shouldn't go fishing alone , but that place is quite close to some houses and some workers are working not far away, plus it's daytime, i don't know what's wrong with these teenagers.``````  This incident reminds me of the Movie Eden lake```

I'll never go fishing alone````````

ive heard of folks being stabbed for fishing too close to someone else, some fishers get so angry over such small stuff.

a $200 kayak makes it a lot harder for people to bother you while fishing lol but then you have the occasional muppet boatie to deal with...apparently the 5 knot rule doesn't apply when going past kayakers

That's definitely not alright... 

It can be hard to find a fishing partner but there are plenty of people here who would be more than happy - I suggest if you have to go alone, find somewhere with other fishermen.. or at least others within earshot! :)

19 minutes ago, timtam_ said:

That's definitely not alright... 

It can be hard to find a fishing partner but there are plenty of people here who would be more than happy - I suggest if you have to go alone, find somewhere with other fishermen.. or at least others within earshot! :)
Point taken 

15 minutes ago, christophagus said:

Post up here, must find yourself a buddy to tag along, thats what I will be doing in future

Definitely,  it is a bit hard to find fishing buddies in Uni as all my female friend are not that into fishing. 

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 2:27 PM, Ellen1117 said:

little one ask me lend my phone to him to call his mom

I would say "bugger off ya little sh!te" :pirate:;) 

But really that is not alright in the slightest for those kids to do that.

I mostly fish solo in the north Brisbane area and never have had a problem but I guess being 6'2 helps too :P:D

Agree with @timtam_ try fishing around other fisherman - a jetty would be ideal I presume, the Shorncliffe pier I guess would be pretty hard to go past because its reasonably close 20minute-ish drive from CBD and theres a train station just down the road from it, and theres plenty of fish to be caught off it i.e. bream, squid, tailor, whiting, flathead. Heard theres some VERY big bream getting caught there too in 40's size range at night, but during the day its a good chance you'll get a couple legal bream there as well as the other species mentioned :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived