Reef/shoals Of Redcliffe

Ash

Green Zone that area now.

So can't tell u about any recent catches. 

But scarbough reef would be worth a shot I would think after the swell/wind dies off. 

Or even the pine will produce bream in the local area - some stonkers in there too from deep water bend too the south pine junction, just target structure with light gear 4lb and under leaders/main lines any heavier you'll get only the just legal bream. 

Hopes this helps somewhat - good luck :-) 

Yeah man thanks for that. Ive been out of the game for a bit, didnt realise that was a greenzone! That'd be why i havent read any reports about fishing there for a while lol.

How far out is Scarborough reef from there?

At a guesstimate I would think about 8kms north of Scotts point or 300-1000m off Castlereagh point. 

Best launching point I would think is queens beach north boat ramp in good weather ONLY as I've seen 3foot dumping waves go over the ramp or overwise Scarborough boat harbour is hard too go past in all weather conditions (no bars, or beach launches). 

From memory u can catch snaps, tailor, sweetlip, cod, and seen a video on YouTube were a guy was catching Spanish macks (rare catch I would imagine). 

Heaps of YouTube vids on fishing Scarborough reef from yaks too.

Archived