A Weekend At Straddy

bersim

Just got back from a pretty awesome weekend on Straddy celebrating my mate's 18th (Sam's brother).  I didn't get a huge amount of fishing done but was still such a great weekend having fun with the fellas and taking in everything that straddy has to offer.  Only got a chance to fish yesterday as we had a few late nights, and during the day we were all hanging out together at the beach and I would have felt a bit rude walking off for a fish haha.   Anyway I made the effort to get up for sunrise yesterday and I ended up having a great pre brekky fish.  As the sun was coming up I had some whales jumping around which was great to watch.  For a short session I was pretty stoked as at one stage I was getting a hit or a dart a cast and also got busted off by what I think was a decent sized snapper.  Even with my 8-16lb favourite I just couldn't stop it from running me into the rocks.  It sure had some powerful head shakes and runs.   Also saw Angus and his Dad out there a few times which was good.  We were watching the sun set on the first day and I noticed a Nordic Stage shirt down on the rocks so headed down and sure enough it was them.  It's always a confidence booster hearing about their awesome session especially as I was yet to fish the rocks!

IMG_6682.jpg

IMG_6699.jpg

IMG_6703.jpg

IMG_6690.jpg

IMG_6696.jpg

Here's a few other non fishing photos.  

IMG_6666.jpg

IMG_6719.jpg

IMG_6744.jpg

IMG_6766.jpg

James

Looks like it was a good weekend mate. Awesome photos! makes me wish I went. Not saying it wasn't a snapper but I've seen and hooked some brute GT's and other members of the trev family around those rocks so I think that would be a more likely culprit, unless you saw the fish of course.

Archived