New Purchase

Cody

Hi all. Im new to the forum and and hopefully i can pick up some advice and tips from all you guys. I recently purchased a new samuari  reaction 101 and daiwa luvias 2004 as a present to myself for throwing surface lures at whiting and bream. I loaded it with 4lb sunline PE and bought a few lures (sugapens,skinny pops,and gomoku 35mm) .  Was just wondering if this rod and reel could also be used as a plastics and blades rod for bream or if it may be to ""noodley" ?  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you

G'day mate, I have the same rod and use it as a straight through flourocarbon hardbody rod, in my opinion that is where it excels and is absolutely amazing in that role but I would not hesitate to throw small blades on it as well with your braid set up. I have not tried plastics on it and to be honest probably would not as I don't believe the action lends itself to it. Give it a go though and you may find it suits for you. 

I have the 201 which i run 6lb on. And the luvias is now loaded with straight through 3lb sunline sniper. I tried it out today on some muddy prawn atomic cranks and the bream loved it. Thank you all for your advice. Ill leave the 201 to handle the plastics and use the 101 as a straight through 3lb fluoro reel and rod set up

Archived