Electric Advice Needed

Cody

Hi guys.. just a quick queation.. i have a bow mount watersnake slider pro electric and was wondering if using the same battery that i use for my outboard and nav lights to power my electric is a bad idea and can it harm my bow mount electric motor?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you.

If your outboard requires a battery to start, it then yes it's not a great idea to use it for the electric as well.  U won't damage the electric, but u may be sitting on the water unable to start ur outboard because u have drained the battery.  Google deep cycle batteries and have a read about the care of them.  Big discharges = short battery life.  Buy a second battery and a smart charger.  If u decide to use the one battery,  make sure u use the correct size wiring to extend the cable. Too thin and it will heat up.  Move ur circuit breaker or fuse to near the battery or add another.  U don't want a fire on the water.  U will get a little voltage drop but over that distance it won't be a problem

Archived