Lazy Photo Sharing

Drop Bear

Bula,

I'm in Fiji and the interwebs are more like cobwebs. 

I have all my photos on Google Photos and was wondering if anyone knew an easy and fast way to put some of them into posts?

I am currently downloading them to my computer then uploading into post. It takes too long here.

Is there a way that I can directly drop photos from Google Photos to a post? I tried to;

copy the address and put it into "Insert other media" Then "insert image from url"

copy the address and put it into the text part

Drag and drop photos from google photos but it just seems to open the photo

Perhaps I'm just a little special sorry and in advance...

Thanks

Robbie

PS im here for about 2 months and hoping to buy a boat today... it is cheaper than charters or hiring one hahaha. They know how to gouge a tourist.

20170423_175023.jpg

Hey Robbie,

Unfortunately posting 'linked' photos is against site rules. If you ever look at old threads where the photos are missing you will understand why.

To save you time and downloads/uploads, please just post the links and I will do it for you whilst you're away.

Cheers.

22 hours ago, ellicat said:

To save you time and downloads/uploads, please just post the links

wow awesome thanks. I hope to have heaps of photos from Fiji over the next 2 months. I ended up downloading the ones from today and it worked out better than I thought. I think if i start to download the photos then write the report it will all work out fine. Sorry for the lame thread.

Robbie

20170423_175920.jpg

Not lame. It sheds some light on why we have what some consider a pointless rule. 

As ellicat said old reports loose continuity and relevance sometimes without supporting images. We have no control over when/if photos just disappear with the linkage option.

Angus

16 hours ago, ellicat said:

Hey Robbie,

To save you time I will do it for you whilst you're away.

Very generous of you Brian :)  While you're in a helpful mood, I, umm, have been having trouble with my lawnmower and will, ummm, be away (from my house) on weekends during winter, any ideas ........ :whistle:

I stayed in Denarau for 8 days I wish I could have stayed longer. Did a bit of fishing there too. Spanish mackerel or Walu as they call them are in abundance as are reefies. Fiji was definitely one of my favourite places I've been, the people are lovely. 

Archived