Pb Moses Perch

tugger

Went offshore on Monday with Brock and Terry and had a look at the 7s reef for some wahoo soon as we got there and slowed down to set the lures a marlin came up beside the boat but no take on the lures at all. Trolled for a couple of hours and caught just 1 mack tuna so we called it and headed south to another spot where we anchored and set a floating pilchard and dropped baits to the bottom.

Straight up we got in to the trevally which are always fun and we managed to get a small enough 1 to go out as another live bait on the surface which we set  a long way out the back. After a lot more trevally we started to get some snapper and moses perch for the box i floated my baits down with no weight at all and thats how i found the sapper biting but my mate Terry kept a sinker on his baits for the moses perch.

Terry hooked up to a stonker moses perch which we thought was a big trev the way it fought it was hard to get off the bottom and did a few short runs on him the it surfaced what a stonker and PB for Terry.

20170501_154029.thumb.jpg.ea54b54c9b7d27805256cd033bc0cbea.jpg

The fishing was getting better as we got further in to the arvo as we had a late start  in the morning only getting to the ramp by 10am we fished right up to dusk just enough light to get over the bar. Finally the trev on the surface got hit and a good fish screamed off on the livie rod i was worried we might get sharked but each run was shorter and after a dogged fight a silver shape came in to view finaly we gaffed a beauty. 

20170501_142721.thumb.jpg.6a4c1a4c4039d3df670c2ef044837460.jpg

20170501_142642.thumb.jpg.2d1f29b14523e3823882f42256f8f2d1.jpg

We kept fishing till late and headed home across calm seas as the wind had dropped right out the bar was flat and the bay even calmer it was a joy cruising home after an excelent day on the water. We got more ice before we pulled in at my place we will fillet the fish the next day as it was late enough and we all just wanted to have a beer and a shower here is the final tally.

20170501_190057.thumb.jpg.2c189eadeeec1cff64a40cd81ea66503.jpg

5 hours ago, Angus said:

Man I wish the moses off the rocks were that big!

It was so thick through the shoulders hard to see on the photo but an impressive fish straight out of the water we haven't seen them over 50cm there in a while 

7 hours ago, Luvit said:

Your are getting some good days in Tugger and must be sick of eating fish by now.:) 

The boat will like the fresh water flush in a few weeks. 

Never sick of eating fish and it is good, for you my parents and inlaws love getting fish off us to. Getting close now till the borumba social hope to find the Saratoga biting

As I said earlier I doubt that I will be attending this due to Mothers day. However i'm looking forward to the date because that will be close to when I put the boat in for a new stainless steel canopy. :)

1 hour ago, Luvit said:

As I said earlier I doubt that I will be attending this due to Mothers day. However i'm looking forward to the date because that will be close to when I put the boat in for a new stainless steel canopy. :)

I will have to check out your new boat it looks like a weapon

11 hours ago, Luvit said:

Call me in next time you have the fish biting under your boat and I'll come over and show you.:fishing2: :fishing:Be good if you could show me how to use bait and catch fish. 

Will have to get out together then

14 hours ago, Luvit said:

:1311_thumbsup_tone2:

I'm hoping to sort my bait board at the same time as the canopy. Still a fair bit to do till I have it where I want. 

There is still marlin out there the 1 that came up to us on this day was so close we could see all its colours and stripes this should give you a bit of incentive lol.

Archived