Iluka Breambo

Timmo2002

My dad, my brothers and I all headed down to Iluka for the long weekend looking to get a jew. The first 2 days of fishing were windy and horrible. The last day the wind slowed down, allowing us to get our lures in the right places. Going along the wall i hook something and my dad and I both thought it was a little jew for sure but it turned out to be a 42 cm bream that weighed 1.23 kgs on a 7 inch BBQ gulp. We then caught about 10 other bream and about 8 flatties on bloodworm wrigglers. The pb bream definitely made the trip worth while.DSC_0036.thumb.JPG.7cd0312c5117f6eae070f6ceb1d1591a.JPGDSC_0039.thumb.JPG.fb5f6de1179e2e7b252e85f8c1aecfb5.JPG

Nice fish.

That system down there has some stonkers around. My sis lives in Yamba and we often go to the tavern on the river and I always go down to the pontoon and feed them with the kids. There's some monsters under there.

I enjoy catching big blue nose bream on light gear. 

We were down there as well, fantastic weekend, the fish have definitely been on the chew for a while now. That Breambo is a horse! Well done. I didn't do any good in the river but we came away with 3 nice Jewfish off the Wall.

2017_0429_205810.JPG

2017_0429_213621.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived