Jump to content

Zz's, Pb's & Trophies At The Bb's

Luke Landrunner

Recommended Posts

Having left my phone on silent from the previous nights Nomad tackle information gathering, I nearly missed @Luvit's text for an overnighter out of Mooloolaba. Lucky as Wayne had a "feeling" it was going to be a productive session. 

We headed out from the marina to slightly stronger winds than predicted and immediately looked for live baits for the next day. It was a bit hit and miss with many other undersized species being thrown back in. 

After cruising around for a few hours we headed out a bit for more undersized cod and the like. On dusk we headed back to out the front of the Mooloolaba esplanade to anchor for the night. Wayne heated up ravioli for two whilst I downed a few tins and then a  little fish for lives before turning in. We got a few hours sleep and were up and at them just before first light. 

Wayne will add to this post as the next several hours are a blur to me. 

As usual Wayne the fishing machine juggled 3 to 4 rods with livies, plastics, micros and various dead baits.

:frantics:( I did the same but one at a time)

A few tuskies were boated and put on ice or thrown back, as were the snapper (a 55cm PB for me).

Lots of missed setting of the hooks were kepping us entertained/frustrated until my rod buckled over with a good fish ! After a decent fight a 95cm Amberjack was netted and  a first for me. 

Wayne pulled in another decent Snapper and then close to a PB Tuskie

As Wayne was sending up his drone I hooked up a good fish until half way up it was sharked which was a first for me offshore and it felt like an upgrade on my previous snapper. I had to quickly dehook the snapper head and help Wayne with the landing of the drone and after some tense moments it was safely in his hand !

One more epic fight with what I thought may have been another Amberjack turned out to be a monster Tuskie at 65cm !

With a full esky and the sun going down, we reluctantly called it a day for the hour long trip back in. 

It was a great day. 

Photos to come......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 We both enjoyed the full days fishing on Monday starting at 4.30am and back at the ramp 5.30pm. The Sunday afternoon was just bait collecting in preparation for Mondays real trip. Thanks for all the food you bought Luke the bacon & egg rolls, iced coffee, chocolate and chips. It went down a treat.

Here's some photos from the day.

Luke's first time capture of a Juvenile Red Emperor & PB.



Star Gazer.



Pesky snapper, squire. Another PB.


My PB Tuskie.


Luke's blew me away :1301_clap_tone2::1311_thumbsup_tone2:Another PB.


The arm stretcher we were looking for at 95cm it was a hard battle won by Luke. 

I was stretched myself after hooking a big fish that took a full yaka, unfortunately it wore through the 80lb leader.

A brilliant day out with great company. It is so enjoyable to experience people achieving PB's together. Learning more every trip regarding the sounds settings etc. The spot we fished was a new one that I found last time out. Always be looking at your sounder when you are moving around to find less pressured spots.

The conditions were what we were hoping for, absolutely magic. Could have stayed another night and done it all again. The trip home was at 50kmph and seeing the sunset over the glass house mountains just ended the day perfectly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Doyley said:

Well done Wayne..once again on to some good fish.  The seas must have got calmer as the day went one.  I was out early and it was a little lumpy, but your later pics show beautiful glassed out conditions.

We wanted to do a two nighter after the afternoon glass out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...