Sounder Tutiton

Luvit

Yesterday morning I went out with Nick Whyte from Tech Fishing to learn more about my HDS Gen 3 unit. I was not happy with the results I was getting from the total scan transducer at speed and after Nick checked my transducer installation position and said it couldn't be any better. This was a big relief after changing it 3 times. 

It was a beautiful morning and we launched at Port Of Brisbane boat ramp.

598ce7b8244e4_Sunrise(2).thumb.jpg.fe2c3e2e155a1e784f918030c59a7f5c.jpg

Nick was very thorough in going through the HDS settings and features and we used the full 3hrs. Lucky to have had a HDS gen 2, I was fairly familiar with its operation but I wanted to know I was using it to its full potential.  After the instruction I have no doubt the investment will pay off down the track and I learnt some very valuable information.

If anyone is interested in learning about your Lowrance equipment operation Nick Whyte from Tech Fishing 0422 213 669.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been meaning to do this for a few years now, might eventually do it once I get time. I've never heard a bad word about Nick.

What sort of speed are you talking about? I lose bottom at around 24kts, but still have depth, which I then lose at about 26-28kts. 0-10kts, my reading is crystal clear, has a little noise 11-18kts, and then is pretty much unreadable after that. I adjusted my transducer a few times, and the way I have it now is the best I could I get it. I asked around, and most said that was the best I'd get on my Elite 7 and transducer. But then again, I've seen some brilliant results on the same setup with speeds of well over 30kts. Different boats though I suppose?

Archived