Searching...

CJ.Otay

Hey everybody. I'm new to fishing and I was just wondering if anyone knew any great, quite places to fish around the Brisbane area. I'm just looking for good places that have a good amount of fish. I'm looking for both salt water and freshwater fishing spots. 

Thanks, CJ.

ok, no responses...

Hi CJ, welcome to the site and to the world of fishing. :)

Believe it or not there are many knowledgeable and helpful members on this site, often it takes a little bit of info offered to elicit responses from members, over the years many, new to fishing, have asked the same type of question that you have.

Advising whether you are land based, have a boat/kayak/canoe etc, if you have transport, what type of species you would intend to target, do you intend to fish with bait, lures or both, mentioning the type of fishing gear, rod, reel, line you will be using also helps in formulating informative replies.

Go into the forum sections of Saltwater, Freshwater in them will be lots of info for you, as you are just starting out also go into the Tackle,rods and reels section, start at the oldest pages and read back from there, lots of good start out info in there.

On 13/08/2017 at 8:51 PM, CJ.Otay said:

I'm just looking for good places that have a good amount of fish

most of us are still searching for those places, and when we do find one or two of those places knowledge gained from research, experimenting, experience and lots of time put into actually getting out and fishing plays a big part in our success or lack of. Persistence and patience are also a winning combination to our goals.

With what you have offered so far I can only respond to,

On 13/08/2017 at 8:51 PM, CJ.Otay said:

I'm just looking for good places that have a good amount of fish

it`s been a while since I`ve been over there, Morgans` seafoods at Scarborough for sure. :lol:

Archived