Merry Christmas From AFO

Angus

Merry Christmas from the team at AFO to all our members.

2017 was one of the nicest years I can remember on AFO, and i think it stemmed from the Christmas Party last year.

Great community vibe with people giving back so much information to the site.

A few new members have got really active but stats also show huge numbers of people visiting the site and no posting. Now each to their own and I certainly lurk on other forums but, I have said it before and I will say it again, content creates more content. If you want the best site you can get report, ask questions, answer questions. Every thread generated helps someone in some way. 

I look forward to a very proactive year on AFO and (starting with some new T-shirts) will hopefully work on a few little things to gee up the social side of things.

Feedback and ideas are always welcome to always feel free to weigh in. I know that AFO is not formally a "club" but many of us treat it as one and as members we do value your input. 

Cheers and have a great holiday period!

Angus

Thanks @Angus. This has been a good year for the site. I think this is my 10th year of almost daily visits to the site and it is always a pleasure. The way people conduct themselves is an example to some of the other sites that I visit occasionally.  I often don’t post after a trip because I don’t have much to report but then I am happy to read others reporting donuts or slow trips because you always learn something from that post so I will make more of an effort from now on.

I have met a lot of good people on this site and it means I am never short of a fishing buddy if I need it. Have a great break everyone and I look forward to meeting more of you in 2018.

Archived