Hi All

Blublade

19 minutes ago, Blublade said:

I fish from my jet ski so anything from free dive/scuba, reefs, pelagics are my target at the moment.

Sweet. we are having a social fish later this month. You would be welcome to come along if interested. Heading outside for mackerel, tuna and perhaps Marlin.

3 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Sweet. we are having a social fish later this month. You would be welcome to come along if interested. Heading outside for mackerel, tuna and perhaps Marlin.

Sounds good, have read that thread if not working will be keen.

16 hours ago, Blublade said:

Hi Drop Bear, I'm on the Goldy and love all types of fishing.

I fish from my jet ski so anything from free dive/scuba, reefs, pelagics are my target at the moment.

Tight Lines

Hi mate. How far offshore do you go in your jetski and can you actually troll a couple of lines for bigger fish with it? Always been curious how it would work.

Hi John, all options from estuary to offshore. Trolling is a dream with cruise control can cover loads of ground as well as keeping an eye on sounder for bait/fish new marks. 

Palmy should be cranking today, just home from a callout and plenty of boats out there.

Im set up with gps/sounder esky 4 rod holders gaff net ect.

Today I'm going to get a new spin reel for slugs ect.

The conditions today are amazing, will be out there tomorrow.

Tight lines

36 minutes ago, Blublade said:

Hi John, all options from estuary to offshore. Trolling is a dream with cruise control can cover loads of ground as well as keeping an eye on sounder for bait/fish new marks. 

Palmy should be cranking today, just home from a callout and plenty of boats out there.

Tight lines

Let us know how you go!

1 hour ago, Drop Bear said:

Yep what Angus said. with the social coming up in a few weeks I'd love to see a report.

Ok just back from a paddle on my surf ski. Talked to a few boats out gravel patch @ Burleigh.

They had a couple of mackeral between them. Around 8 a lot of boats had left Palmy reef still

a few sticking it out.

Conditions on the water are brilliant, only action was the odd flying fish! 

Am thinking a handline with 30/50 mono and drag a lure while out paddling, know of one guy that

goes ok with this method. Would be game on with a decent hook up :)

12 minutes ago, Blublade said:

Ok just back from a paddle on my surf ski. Talked to a few boats out gravel patch @ Burleigh.

They had a couple of mackeral between them. Around 8 a lot of boats had left Palmy reef still

a few sticking it out.

Conditions on the water are brilliant, only action was the odd flying fish! 

Am thinking a handline with 30/50 mono and drag a lure while out paddling, know of one guy that

goes ok with this method. Would be game on with a decent hook up :)

Just had a cackle to myself. Picture in my mind of a surf ski going backwards about 10knots

being towed by 200kg marlin.:D:D:D

Cheers

Gary

On 1/6/2018 at 6:37 AM, Blublade said:

Tight lines

Thanks Blu - sounds like you have it sorted with the JetSki. Cruise Control would be awesome for trolling!

How do you mount your transducer? I'm assuming it can't be attached to the bottom of the hull right - maybe on an extendible arm somewhere straight into the water?

On 10 January 2018 at 12:36 PM, JohnTheFisherman said:

Thanks Blu - sounds like you have it sorted with the JetSki. Cruise Control would be awesome for trolling!

How do you mount your transducer? I'm assuming it can't be attached to the bottom of the hull right - maybe on an extendible arm somewhere straight into the water?

Hey mate, just like a boat small hole in hull for cable ( cut cable and re join inside of hull)

Gold Coast wave runner were so impressed they copied it!

Im a sparky so new what to do just wasn't sure about hole in hull, can post some pics.

Works much better than mates that have transducer mounted inside.

Have chirp 5 cut into my "glovebox" think between steering and seat.

Can help anyone that needs a hand on the Goldy or beyond.

Will hopefully do the GC pelagic social so will get you some photos then.

Tight lines

10 hours ago, Blublade said:

Hey mate, just like a boat small hole in hull for cable ( cut cable and re join inside of hull)

Gold Coast wave runner were so impressed they copied it!

Im a sparky so new what to do just wasn't sure about hole in hull, can post some pics.

Works much better than mates that have transducer mounted inside.

Have chirp 5 cut into my "glovebox" think between steering and seat.

Can help anyone that needs a hand on the Goldy or beyond.

Will hopefully do the GC pelagic social so will get you some photos then.

Tight lines

Very nice - not having a hole in the hull is always a good thing :)

Archived