Kids Rock The Palmy

tugger

Took my son and daughter out on the Palm Beach Reef this morning and they brought a friend along. Well the bar was completely flat and so was offshore so we pinged it out to the reef 2 minutes from the creek mouth we dropped the anchor.

The plan was to get my son's friend Adam and my daughter Brooke on to some pelagics. The fish come on early and both kids had both their 1st spotties ever in the boat.

20180102_060256.thumb.jpg.9d95d27d4002f98b3e8bc1c8dbf245bb.jpg

The fishing was steady and we boated another 2 spotties saw a marlin landed right behind us and plenty of big tuna bust ups. The surface was boiling everywhere we caught plenty of mack tuna on slugs then a good fish grabbed another floating bait. Adam was next on the rod and after a good fight up came a cobia.

20180102_073644.thumb.jpg.1b556d9621d98ef4555a150a4e1ecd82.jpg

4 livies were hit out the back but we could not connect and about 9am we headed back over the flat bar. Back at the camp we took some more photos and filleted the fish while i filled up on cool drinks.

20180102_103957.thumb.jpg.ce64bfce29491b0d7e11bd5f0e0acb9b.jpg

15 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Oh and by the way I hope you get that photo framed. That is a cracker and fantastic family history. Well done.

Brooke doesn't get offshore with me much she gets seasick so it has to be flat and we picked a good day this time. 

All the boats don't matter at all with mackerel i have seen 200 boats there and the fishing was insane.  There was a lot of rain here last night so the water was green i had mates go out this morning and gave me a report of cooler green water . This won't take long to clear away i think Saturday looks good so far .

10 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Great work once again Mark and good to see Brooke getting amongst it.

She has caught a schoolie before but this was her 1st spottie and she caught a few tuna as well on the slugs the tuna were thick just boiling everywhere for hours. 

Probably seen the water boiling more this day than ever before i commented this to the kids while we were out there. It was spectacular to see it just went on for hours another scene this season is the amount of marlin coming on to.the palm.beach reef i have.nevee.seen so many in the 40 yrs i have fished the palmy.

Archived