Land Based Pelagics

Tryhardfisherman

Lads my motor is playing up big time and off getting a major service and in the mean time I’m looking to try my hand at some land based pelagics again, wether that be throwing some poppers/stickbaits or smaller slugs the morningtide lads make it look unreal. 

Just chasing a few beginner spots 2 hrs each side of brissy, and what weather to look for. Also if anyone wanted to tag along  or meet up would be great. 

Cheers. 

Hi Tryhard

If you are chucking lures about good place to catch anything from Greenback Tailor to Tuna, fish in front of Anzac Park near the Caloundra Headlands , enter car park area from Victoria Pde , safest to fish early morning incoming tide with minimal breeze by far the best. Coming into mid March through to May you will pick up Jew over 10kg there. Haven't fished it for a few years but have caught some great fish at the spot when i worked up that way.

Make sure you wear good footwear, bright coloured clothes, and take an extendable gaff and keep your eyes peeled, also tell someone when you go, occasional big swell comes through there.

If you want some arm stretching action closer to home, fish the rock groynes in front of the lock at Bribie Gardens canal estate, some massive jacks in there, I use live bait, a float rig, and a strong outfit to extract them,  when fishing this area always hang on to your rod or you will lose it, plenty of outfits on the bottom at this place, you can jig herring there no problems. Never tried lures there myself,  but  a mate of mine used to pull them on rattling spots, so I am sure  other types of lures would work, especially a hard body with a rattle.

If you manage to extract one, please put him back. 

Post us some pics if you catch any, and good luck with it.

MSB 

11 hours ago, Tryhardfisherman said:

Lads my motor is playing up big time and off getting a major service and in the mean time I’m looking to try my hand at some land based pelagics again, wether that be throwing some poppers/stickbaits or smaller slugs the morningtide lads make it look unreal. 

Just chasing a few beginner spots 2 hrs each side of brissy, and what weather to look for. Really any sports fish will do for now. 

Cheers. 

Great Post from @MSB! I was only going to add Gold coast seaway.

If you get some can you please take a few picks and post them up? We love reading reports here :)

Archived