Darwin Fishing Trip - Revisted

Angus

Ok i assume when i pitched the idea of the Darwin trip for a week originally you guessed that those sort of things are pretty damn expensive. Well they are. But i have the rates and some god new on them.

The original quote for the trip for 6-7 people was $4000 per day for the first 6 days and the 7th day for free. Thus a total of $24,000 for the week. Or in effect $571.42 each per day.

However after having a good look at our site the skipper of Darwin Bluewater thought it would be advantages to him to give us a discount in the hope that we would love it and spread the word.

The discounted rate of $3700 per day. This works out to a total of $22,200 for the whole trip. This wroks out at about 528 bucks each per day.

All in all this would mean you would need about $3171 for the charter.

To check again what this includes so there is no confusion check out

/>http://www.darwinbluewater.com.au/

If you have any interest in maybe being a part of this amazing voyage next year in September sometime please let me know.

If you do not please dont make a reply as it will clutter the post.

Cheers.

Angus [img size=150]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/5.jpg

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2006/08/30 15:46

post-63-144598400442_thumb.jpg

I have not looked at Air Fairs.

I was just going to book at Jetstar or Virgin ticket.

I know some people may be daunted by the price.

But when you consider (except for booze) you wont have to spend another cent all week its a good holiday. Plus i have looked at a couple of others ad after comparing prices vs experience this is a bargain!!!!!

Angus

It is actually better then I expected. I was thinking about $10k.

From a budget point of view and add about $1000 for air fares and booze it's about $75 per week for a year to get a life time memory.

When you consider what were getting it's a good deal. We don't have to take any tackle or rods - that will save me about $1000 just not spending on rigs and weapons. By using theirs we save wear and tear on our own gear.

Did you get a close up at the lures and the way they are hanging from the weather sheild?

I was thinking something similar for my boat for Awoonga.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/08/30 20:14

I spoke to the Captain again today and he has informed me that November would land us much better fish. Im very flexible and would be keen for this.

Just it suits others.

Also deposit would be $500. THE rest we would not need to think about until a month before.

There is also an option to charter a plain for do one leg. This would be abou 1100 between the 6-7 people but would give us another day fishing. (As the travel time has been minimised).

Anyway just ideas for everyone.

I am getting a formalised itinery from Mal and i will email this to the serious parties.

Cheers.

Oh i said the fish we would most likely all want to target would be; Jewies, Barra, Threaddies, Mangrove Jacks, Giant Trevs and Queensfish. By this i mean more the estuary and creek sportsfish as opposed to the reefies. I hope i speak for everyone here.

There will be the oppotunity to catch Mackeral etc on the trip in between locations.

Angus

November is better for me but mid month is almost a must cause I have to do EOM and reports.

I agree about the estary/creek fishing - I prefer that sort of fishing - it satisfies the primal hunting need more so then bottom bashing.

I would prefer the extra flight and pay a little more to get another day fishing - besides it will be way more comfortable then bouncing around in a bus for 8hrs on a dirt road.

Archived