Linked pictures greater than 500 pixels wide

werewolf

Hey Webby / Forum users

I have a question more than an issue! Lately there have been heaps of linked pictures posted (eg from Photobucket etc) that are a fair bit wider than the maximum of 500 pixels wide (no doubt file size is up) allowed when uploading to the site. Personally I don't mind as I'm on ADSL (I love drooling over fishing pictures!) but this might start becoming a bit of an obstacle for users on povmuffin internet connections if the trend continues.

What do all you fellow users think? Should we still keep these linked pictures below 500 pixels wide?

My opinion - keep 'em smaller. More than 500X500 is OK for some of the linked pics, but some are too big and actually detract from seeing the whole pic, or who posted it.

Ones that come immediately to mind are obone's \"motor 4 sale\" and his recent cod.

(Not having a go at you obone - it's just my personal preference:) )

I know that I personally like a big photo, and it's less mucking around at this end. I'm just about to post a report with all my photos at my 'usual' size, and I just grab them straight from the memory card to the web. Sorry if you don't like them but hey, I do!

Joel ;)

Archived