new bimini installed - recommended tradie

Huxstang

That's great to hear you have had pretty smooth sailing (pardon the pun) with getting the boat up to speed.

Somehow you have set the video to premiere at 7pm tomorrow. I think you can change it by editing the details of the vid on your Channel Content page.

A generous offer from Ray. Good on you @rayke1938.

Where are you heading to first up ?

I had a look at Youtube to alter it but alas no luck.

First stop is Clairview, wont get the boat wet but have two days in Townsville after that and apparently the wind is easing early next week so might get a decent chance there.

Some chance the wind is easing @ Wed- Friday in Cooktown so if its a chance its reef on Thursday and maybe duck up around Cape Bedford.  Otherwise we will fish Endeavour and Annand Rivers Friday to Sunday and see whether the barra are around.  

On 18/10/2023 at 7:51 PM, Huxstang said:

Well I have done a full walk around of the boat.  

Quick summary:

Formosa 525 SRT,side console.  Suzuki 140hp.

Dunbier dual axle gal trailer on 14” gal wheels.  I have done a lot of offroad travel and prefer steel over alloy as you can fix it just about anywhere and this boat will be getting some travel under its belt.

Electronics:

Garmin 12” and 9” in console.  16” on bow for the livescope.  LVS34 on a pole.

I hope the walk around gives a decent look at the boat.  I havent fitted some of the gear as I just got it back from having the Seadek done and fitting up the electric this afternoon.

Big shout out to Rayke who kindly has loaned me the Minn Kota for a trip up north next week.

Garmin continually are pushing back delivery on my Kraken trolling motor (the downside of wanting the latest on market).

I have overall had a really good experience in buying this boat.

Overall the Formosa is pretty decent build quality - yes it could be better but its a solid truck and rides really well.

I have had a good experience so far with everyone I have dealt with which I think is a nice thing in the marine trades.

NCBC down at Uranga - Dayne Taylor is the manager and has a similar boat and uses his boat how I planned for this one.  Really good advice on what was a good investment and what wasnt.  Sorted out everything even though I was coming from interstate.  Way too easy to deal with.   

Electronics were predominantly from Shotgun Marine at Port Macquarie.  No stuffing around just good advice and very good pricing.

Transducer Poles Australia - another quality tradie who is a fisho.  Just talked through the boat and what I was doing and got an extendable pole with a QD plate so I can remove it and stow it easily for travel.

Rays Canvas and Marine - found this guy through a Youtube video by Stones Corner Marine.  What a trademan.  He is a fisherman and knows exactly how it has to be to work.  

Boat Flooring Australia. Gave Lucas a call and the short time frame and he got it all done in 2 days for me.  

PS I have no idea on Youtube but it maybe that the video isnt available until tomorrow and no idea how to change it.

I just watched the vid. Great looking setup, @Huxstang. Now to give her a good barra blooding.

22 hours ago, Huxstang said:

I had a look at Youtube to alter it but alas no luck.

First stop is Clairview, wont get the boat wet but have two days in Townsville after that and apparently the wind is easing early next week so might get a decent chance there.

Some chance the wind is easing @ Wed- Friday in Cooktown so if its a chance its reef on Thursday and maybe duck up around Cape Bedford.  Otherwise we will fish Endeavour and Annand Rivers Friday to Sunday and see whether the barra are around.  

Don't like your chances of good weather, cyclone forming in the east and wind forcast from 21/22 oct. It hasn't stopped blowing here since end July. But for your sake I hope I'm wrong.

Good fishing and good luck, be good to get a report on the new boat.

On 20/10/2023 at 7:49 AM, Angry51 said:

Don't like your chances of good weather, cyclone forming in the east and wind forecast from 21/22 oct. It hasn't stopped blowing here since end July. But for your sake I hope I'm wrong.

I hope you are wrong as well Angry31, heading up north with the missus on Thursday on a road trip, so hopefully it will fizzle out or stay away from the coast. Staying at Airlie Beach for a week, so will wait and see what it's doing before we decide if we will keep going up to Port Douglas.

Road trip should be OK Ed, but with the windy weather we've been having I can't see any good boating weather. Might get some in the mornings but you'd won't to be on the lookout all the time. It seems to just come out of nowhere and around 30k's and then die off, then starts again. Can only remember one other year like this was in 2006, blew most of the year.