Old Daiwa Rods - Any Help?

Good Afternoon all.

I have some queries regarding a rod which my old neighbour gave to me after moving out of that suburb. He gave them (a few rods, 4 good nick one) to me approx 3-4 years age. I looked at the first one and it was an old bamboo rod and didn't look good so I didn't touch them for 4 years. Recently I was cleaning up and opened them all and to my surprise were some really cool older rods in great condition.

The rod I'm most intrigued by is the Daiwa Sprinter : Model SP-602 ML           6"0' (1.83cm)      4-8lb line       2 piece rod

Above was the only information I could find on the rod itself. After researching a bit I could find nothing about the Daiwa Sprinter rod range, although I saw some older reels with Sprinter on them.  I don't have a photo of the rod but I can get one if you will need it. The rod is a navy blue and silver colouration.

I'm wondering if anybody knows any more details about this rod or the sprinter range in general, additionally what would be the best application for fishing a rod like this, I've typically only used 7"0'so I'm not sure where its best used, kayaks, structure, narrow creeks??

All assistance is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Peter

Thanks, would it be suitable for aust bass, I'm interested it giving it a go in some small creeks, its a spin outfit and quite flexible so I'm not sure what is needed for that style of fishing, any thoughts?

Much appreciated.

Peter

12 minutes ago, Peter K said:

Thanks, would it be suitable for aust bass, I'm interested it giving it a go in some small creeks, its a spin outfit and quite flexible so I'm not sure what is needed for that style of fishing, any thoughts?

Much appreciated.

Peter

I use a 2-4KG rod for bass fishing, so seeing as yours is 4-8lb which is basically the same thing I would say it is suitable. I use 8 pound braid and ten pound leader and haven't been busted off yet. 

Okay! I've got a Daiwa Tierra 3000 size laying around, spooled with 8lb and have got 10lb fluro for leaders, sounds like a plan!

Any suggestions on a failproof lure/s to start off with. I've got loads of soft plastics, I'm only just starting my collection of hard bodies, perhaps a bait that aust bass like. Thanks for your help.

Peter.