Suitable Rod for Baitcaster

Fisher_90

Hi guys im after some opinions on a good Bc rod round the 100-150 mark. I use my brothers Bc a fair bit its 4-8lb and is a trigger/pistol grip, After using this i think i would prefer a trigger grip. The rod will be around the 4-6/4-7kg mark if i can find one in those sizes. I looked at motackle and they have a strudwick sic stic for $99 4-6.5kg, Anyone know much about these?, After reading schultzy's review i think i will go with the pflueger echelon for the reel, seems good value for money and will probly put 15-20lb Tufline or Sunline.

So im after anyones opinion on the struwick sic stic's and any other rods round the $100-150 mark.

Thanks

it may be a shakespear i didnt take much notice to be honnest its graphite and fairly light it has a cork handle fairly comfy and has a nice action it doesnt throw a light lure very well it doesnt load up that well but its meant for far heavier work than that i believe they still had a couple on the specials rack they only had 3 left when i was there they used to be something like 90bucks

hey fisher, i bought a penn pin point from jones's tackle last week and its a very good rod for the 79 bucks i paid, better than some of the more expensive rods i have in my arsenal. got an 8kg trigger grip, landed an 88cm barra at monduran with it on australia day.

buzz

Archived