Bli Bli Barra Park AFO Barra Comp ?

Angus

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fishyman wrote:

if i can ill pop in around 1.

any chance for a lift back to brisbane for me and my mate around western suburbs somewhere so my dad can leave as we are fishing the morning somewhere aswell.

Dan? could you fit 2 in mate i presume yoru taking kev? in which case ill just get picked up from kevs

Sorry mate, I would but Username_taken and a Brad R (a friend who's a member but never gets online and he hasn't signed up to the attend which I've been bugging him about) are also coming so there's 4 of us in the one car already. Thankfully we're not taking mine.

Edit:

Good on ya Shortie

pinkey wrote:

Looks like another one has joined the party!

Bring on the 2lb boys. Im about 90% sure i can make it, just gotta confirm with my mum when she gets home :D.

Good on ya mate. We might head down early and fish the maroochy or something before hand so join us if you can.

Dan23 wrote:

pinkey wrote:
Looks like another one has joined the party!

Bring on the 2lb boys. Im about 90% sure i can make it, just gotta confirm with my mum when she gets home :D.

Good on ya mate. We might head down early and fish the maroochy or something before hand so join us if you can.

Dan, me tim and anth are heading down early to either fish maroochy or caloundra before the comp.

you keen on joining?

Dan23 wrote:

I wonder if it's worth getting one of those ecogear lures that are supposed to be to barra what Sx40s are to bream

Now you have me intrigued!

Never heard of an ecogear lure being popular for the Barra, mostly halco's, RMG's Rapala, nilsmasters, Killalure, etc. Dont think I have even seen an Ecogear lure in the tackle shops near the Barra dams.

So what ecogear lures work? (not that I need an excuse to buy a lure or two either!)

Fishyman - Check the forecast tonight, but at the moment it looks like a good stiff breeze (20 knots) and some showers is on the cards. Fly rod might be best left in the cupboard at home.

I'll be bringing some floats, so if I have to fish with the pellets, I'll have some extra casting weight, and a chance of seeing what is happening, got buckleys of keeping contact with the pellets in that sort of breeze.

Archived