BATMAN'S Brisvegas Nigh Yak Attack! Thurs 24th.

batman

Well

I headed out later than expected on Friday night and man o man was it a cracker night for a paddle, not a breathe of wind and it was high tide to! Ended up launching at 6:30 from Balimba and I headed straight over to the sand quarry only to find a massive barge being loaded with a huge tug and it’s very powerful engine stirring up the water, needless to say I stayed clear and went further downstream to find the Bream jumping out the water near the rock wall on the Teneriffe side. I tossed a few SX40 casts in and got hit straight away…bang! I was on to a winner as I caught and released three good sized Bream. The sand barge decided to leave and I paddled over to my favourite spot, where the lights shine brightly on the water…..

It is a tricky spot because there are lots of mooring ropes to get snagged on and low and behold second cast in…snag! To add insult to injury I was casting really well and slow trolling back in only to see not one but two small Bream following the lure nearly all the way to the boat!!! FFS! Bite ya damn fish…………..After quite a few casts I got the feeling they where having a laugh at me and I changed lures to a different colour……bang I hooked up straight away with another Bream.

After that I was a bit bored so I went for a paddle down stream towards the Breaky Creak, I went via the huge jetty they have built and man was it spooky over there! I bet it is an awesome spot for Bream etc but not so much as a nibble!! I trolled a good sized Jackal all the way to Breaky Creak but not so much as a sniff….I am getting the feeling that bigger fish don’t exist in the Brisbane River…lol!

Anyway I had to be up early so I crossed the river and headed home…only to find a spot that has heaps of trees in the water and once again I reckon it must be a good spot to fish…..you can get the yak right up to the trees in the water, I am sure there must be some predator fish hanging around there…no hook up at all…..

I called it a night as I was heading up to Nossa the next morning……..

For anyone who wants to come along next time I will make the time around 6:30-7pm so people can make it.

Check my Laguna bay report it was an epic!

Batty

Archived