Squire 29.04.08

codboy

Left wello about 1pm today 29.04.08 tide just turning to make high at 4.30 pm. conditions were close to glassing out ( after all the wind we have had lately was nice to see) Headed over to NE side of green and tried half a dozen spots in and around that side of the island. Not much on offer till about 3pm when the wind started to freshen and then it was like someone said go!!

Lots, not exagerating, of squire under legal ranging from 20-30 cm. Even had a parrot go 28cm ( missed it by that much chief) must have pulled in twenty or so fish each ( me and the old man). Started to really blow a treat so we up anchor and headed for home wishing for some more size.

Bashed back to well in the RO-JO 16ft v haines with a 125 johno little bit of free air here and there really was kicking up. Got to hybers and pulled up for one last go at bringing something of size home and got the same result as green except for this one attached.

Bashed the rest of the way home and spoke to the fisheries lads and ladette at the ramp.

Need a brag mat and also need to remember the camera for next trip.

I read all your threads daily thanks to everyone for the time they put in to this site , especially the yakas and bank fisherpersons loving the cod photos!!!:woohoo:

On a side issue does anyone know were i can get scotty rod holders ? [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/squire_38_cm_750_grams_29.jpg

post-2581-144598455583_thumb.jpg

Archived