boggy creek session

Troy_79

hey guys, went up to boogy creek this morning hoping to get a fish or 2 for dinner, didn't realise how busy it would be and all my spots were taken:( so drove up toward the mouth of the creek and found a great spot with a fair bit of structure. There was a good looking rock wall and a barge which i climbed onto and fished around it as the tide was up.

I flicked around with some sp's for abit for no luck so changed to my sx40 and 2nd cast got a small bream:woohoo: i know it was only small but its only the 2nd fish i've caught on a HB so i was thrilled. and it didnt stop ended up catching 6 bream on my hb only small fish but i think im hooked now:)

Anyway i decided to use the remainder of my prawns ive had for ages and casted out as far as i could for some reason and pulled in a 34cm bream followed by 4 more around the 26/27cm mark. Kept the biggest bream for dinner and released the others. Sorry no pics left the phone at home:(

There was a guy fishing over from me at the rock wall flicking out sp's and saw him pull in a monster flattie. It seems to be a great spot to fish land based because u dont need to flick out far as all the structure is in close and is very deep only a couple of meters from shore.

Im heading back on wed or thurs arvo after work if anyone is keen.

cheers, troy

Troy_79 wrote:

Forgot to mention i saw the coolest boat today. it was a guy on a big piece of styrofoam with a paddle and was using a crate as a seat:laugh: wish i had my phone so i could have taken a pic

haha, i think i've seen this guy out in boggy creek before too. nice idea for sure!

Archived