Fishing in Brisbane????

simon ent

Hi all:)

I will be coming over to brisbane from England for a holiday this August for just short of 4 weeks.

I match fish in the UK a great deal and was wondering what sort of fishing i could expect around Brisbane:unsure:

The thought of going 4 weeks without any sort of fishing has brought me out in a cold sweat allready:laugh:

What sort of fishing can i expect and where do i go to sort tackle and stuff?

Hope someone can help, SiB)

Simon,

your best bet is to look at all the threads just to the right of the screen. Thats the quickest way to find out what is biting locally.

May help if we know what sort of tackle you'll have, land based/boast based? where you'll be staying. Lots of fishing to be had.

Whats match fishing anyway???

Mate it would be worth meeting up with some of the lads while your hear. I think we have a AFO Bribie passage trip scheduled for that time frame. If you secure yourself a deckie spot you could be up for some good fishing and good company. Just food for thought.

Aside from that my advice would be to have a decent sift through the report section titled "All Brisbane Rivers And Creeks". This should give you a fairly rounded summary of whats around and what sort of gear to use.

Welcome to the site mate!

Hope you good some good info.

Angus

hi Simon

for all your tackle needs go to Annaconda at logan it is only 20min from bris and is an ezy stop off on the way to the gold coast from bris!

ask for Michael or Tristan in the fishing dept and they will help you out with all of your fishing needs!

as for fishing spots! i would recomend to try the goldcoast seaway spit rockwall and the sand pumping jetty located there aswell!

goodluck

Ian

Sounded good Angus but its 3 days after i come home as i leave on the 27th Aug

Do$tylz match fishing in England is competition fishing over 5 hrs on lake and rivers mostly, we fish for anything that swims and the winner is the person with the biggest weight after 5 hrs, we compete for money

Feeder rods will work Ok, so will any carp or spinning gear.

This type of tackle will be of use on the river and beaches.

Australians tend to use much shorter rods than we do in the UK (I now live in Brisbane).

Best to bring your rods and tackle with you......a ski case will hold plenty of rods up to 12ft, and the airlines will carry them OK.

Top range tackle is much more expensive in Australia than the UK

For boat fishing it is much more practical to use shorter rods and you may be better buying some cheap ones when you get there.

Archived