Harrie's Reef 20th june 08

chubbstar

Wasn't going to report but had my arm twisted;)

Knocked off from work at 6am and headed strait out to Fishermans Isle to meet Jase(Faulked). We started fishing at Harrie's around 7:15am with only 2or3 other boats in the area. We caught heaps of under sized fish on bait, I caught nothing all day on SP's. I did catch my first bit of bait on a Bait Jig(Trevally) and then started pulling up Pike 2 at a time.

We moved around a bit trying to find some more reef that hadn't be fished out. Shot over to Straddie for a little while and then back to Harrie's for heaps more small Squire. I had a good fight on lite gear with a small Tuna. We chopped him up for bait. No pics.

It was a beautiful day out on the water, Thanks again Jase

Jayson

The Tuna took some skin from a Pike bait that I was winding up from the bottom. I got some bites, thought bugger it baited again, started winding up and about half way BANG I'm on:woohoo:

Lost a bit of drag and had to dip the rod tip in the water a couple of times, it started to do circle work and I realised it was a Small Tuna. Was lucky to get him in, he had a good set of teeth on him. Gotta love long shanked hooks:)

Great fun on the lite gear.

We swum out some live baits, I had a good hit on a whiteing that pulled a little bit of drag, but missed the hooks:dry: :(

Jayson

Archived