Burpengary creek

Feral

Well its windy, cold, and fuel is bl@@dy expensive.

I was going to take Alex up to Baroon pocket so he could play in his boat with the new electric.

But being so windy and cold and far, I've decided a little sneak down Burpengary creek for a few hours will probably be much more comfortable ,and save me about $50! (fuel and "electric motor on dam fees").

It will also give me a chance to try out the battery boxes I have made up for his boat. They fit over the seats, and have tie down points to a couple of places in the boat. I need to get them adjusted for trim.

In the creek, if they are a trim problem, which I cant adjust, I can ditch the box and put the batteries on the floor. If I was as at Baroon, because batteries have to be secured, I'd have to use them regardless.

Doubt we will catch anything, but you never know, have caught bream in there before!

Launching from O'Leary avenue between 8 and 9. I'll be the poor sucker with two boats and manic kids. With the tide delay, it will probably be dead low water, but that means going back to the ramp with the tide behind us, which will be good for the electric motor on Alex's rig.

Archived