Bribie Passage

Cowfish13

We looked at our normal weather site at and it said that saturday was gona be a better day than sunday. So my dad said lets go to Bribie.

We got there and the water was completely flat and the rain had cleared, sort of. As soon as we launched the boat, the rain started. We went to a spot to put our crab pots. we left went to a different spot and started to fish. Didn't get a thing there so we left and went to check our crab pot. We had two to start with but when we went to check the pots, one had been stolen. The one that remained had two crabs in it. One a female, the other half a centmetre under. We left that part of the passage and headed to a more northeren. By this time the rain had just stopped after an hour of constant rain.

We stopped on a sandbank and we put a few light rods out. I got the first fish on the day. A tiny Whiting. We didn't get any thing more so we left.

After 2-3 bad spots we found a place theat look like it would be good. The rain had started again. This spot produced one tiny shovel nosed shark. By the time we left this spot, the rain had been constant for 2 hours or so. So we were all fairly depressed but we tryed one last spot.

As soon as we got there I hooked something that fought like a massive bream, but it got off. Next cast i hooked something pretty heavy, it was a crab, legal and male. I started to wind in the heavy rod, another crab, but it got off. We we better put the crab pot beside the boat, so down it went. a minute later, by brother caught a crab, legal and male. The tide started to turn and the fish were on. I managed to hook onto something very big. It fought like a stinray, but then its head popped up. a Turtle. Luckly it was only hooked in the side of its shell and got off. We started to get a lot more crabs and ended with 6 all up (3 caught on line, 3 in the pot).

Tally for the day:

Me: 2 Whiting, 3 Grassy Sweetlip, 2 Crabs, 1 venus tuskfish and nearly a turtle

Jack: 2 Grassy Sweetlip, 1 Crab, 1 Moray Eel, 1 shovel nosed shark

Dad: 1 Grinner, 1 Grassy Sweetlip

Crab pot: 3 legal crabs, 1 female and one undersized male

• 4 weeks later...

yer tru me and me dad go up into the bribie passage and launch the boat at donnybrook. we launched the boat and we put out two pots we got alot of crabs but they were females and males that werent legal we went for a fish and i caught a descent flatty and me mate caught one aswell . we we tralling and we both got them off the same reed bank

Archived