Caloundra..very quiet.

LIVE_2_FiSH

Hey guys

not really worth a report but what the heck. Fished up at caloundra for the past couple of days, well really only yesteray because today was a complete write off with the weather. Anyway, concentrated on the pelican waters canal area for shocking results to be honest. The whole canal system was chocolate brown due both to the rain and construction right up the back of the canals. My tarpon spot which fired last time i was there was bulldozed...literarly! Areas i can usually get a few queenies and trevs failed to produce. I ended up with one sole bream on a powerbait 3" minnow (about 27-30cm) which i was pretty happy with considering it was my first bream on non-gulp plastic. Also got stacks of rat bream on unweighted bread. Managed one big eye trevally... but it was caught by hand :P after i noticed it swimming in circles looking near dead. So i jumped in and got it and took it to the other side of the road and put him in lake majellen where no sharks were likely to knock him off the surface, hopefully giving him a chance to recoup. Other interesting thing that happened was having a bird fly straight into an airborn popper... trust me i HATE birds in close proximity to myself..so having to untangle an angry bird for 40mins was pretty bloody annoying! :P But it flew off in the end which was good.

Sorry for the long report, here a couple of pics.

Archived