Offshore Monday 14/7/08

MichaelJ

Went off cape moreton again yesterday and this time the fish werent really keen on biting but we still got some goodies and pics will be up sometime this week lol

We got to our first spot in 90 odd metres of water and after a few drops we had a few legals in the esky but not many so my dad tied on a jig onto a 24kg rod and 80lb with 80lb leader so first sets of jigs a hit then next set hooked up big time with the rod bending at the but and the reel starts screaming zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: taking 50-100m in no time flat then gone 1 amberjack 25kg+ with a $35 lure hanging out of its mouth:angry: next jig on back down this time on the third set of jigs hooked up again zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:woohoo: :woohoo: takes around 50m again then gone this 1 got into the reef another $35 lure:angry: :angry: :angry: gone lol next jig on now around the seventh jig this time and hooked up again this one isnt as big after about 10m or so we land this 1:woohoo: and its around 7kg no were near as big as the first two the spot goes quiet now so we go to the 140m spot for some pearlies but not even a touch here which is strange but its one of those days were fish arent really interested so off to another spot in around 40m but heaps of little pickers here with only 1 legal fish caught by me being a cod lol but we get a few livies so bak to our first spot in 90m with the livies first drop 3 baits smashed but no hook up next drop we got a 8 or 9kg amberjack and a decent pearlie next drop bang the guy next to me hooks up then shortly after I do and we bring up 2 knobbys his around 6.5kg and mine about 5.5kg then we tried normal baits for 2 more drops and nothing..

A slower trip on the fish front but some good fish and we got a new good spot for abmerjacks!!!

Archived