August Fish of the Month Winner not

waldo

Snuck out for a quick tailor fish around sthelena last night and found the going s l o w. Ended up with 5 fish over almost 5 hours all between 32 and 33cm making it the worst average size fish I have caught in the bay all year.

Conditions were beautiful although cold and the fish forgiving in that as I dozed off in between times and got rudely woken to miss the first bite they would come back for a second and third bite where necessary. :huh: Yup these guys wanted to get caught it seems, maybe to get away from all the weed covering the bottom.

Didn't think a 33cm tailor would be good enough for fotm so no pics, but I'm heading over to straddie later in the month, so I might give the fotm a shake then. :woohoo:

we have been out there a few times to in the last month and the fish(tailor)have been a bit slow to:blink: the last couple of years have been a lot better ill have to try again soon:cheer: :cheer: while tailor is fish of the month waldo if you find there is weed around try using a float to keep bait off the bottom:silly: we always fish with float and bait 90cm below float;)

Archived