river sesh

jakhunta

Went fishing with devilfish on Friday night in very windy conditions between the mouth and boggy creek with live herring . I hooked up to something big that only lasted a few seconds as my braid failed and snapped must have had some fraying some where, very dissapointing . I will be checking my gear a bit more carefully in the future prior to heading out. My mate then lost a big fish after a bit of a fight but this time the hook pulled , needless to say he was very pissed at himself. Both of us learnt a couple of good lessons, that is never become to complacent with checking your fishing gear. I would like to think we hooked a couple of threaddies but unless you see em its all speculation. The night wasnt a complete waste I ended up with a 38cm river squire and enjoyed having a fish anyways. [img size=412]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_0524.JPG

post-3692-144598474762_thumb.jpg

Hit the river again last night to reep our revenge from last week came up threadie less but Ricky(aka devilfish) got a river squire and I got a luderick and we both got a ray , gonna keep trying to break that threadie code ha ha. Maybe head out again tomorrow night , dont really want to get my tootsies wet.

post-3692-144598475426_thumb.jpg

I got the luderick with a square hook (cast net).:laugh: The second one Ive pulled out of thet stretch. I think anglers target them with green cabbage weed. I returned it to live another day because I heared there not that great eating. Does anyone on the site know if they are good table fair?

Archived