Float fishing idea

Mack_attack

yup i have used this method before but didn't know it was called a lemon floater rig

very useful for live baiting prawns if current isn't that strong

also, you can easily switch over to a weight but swapping float with weight. it does almost the same thing as it pins the bait down too

another way to do this without using a 3-way swivel, is to tie one of those dropper loops but make the loop bigger and snip it off at the point where it joins back, get a hook onto the end of the 'loop' and put a floater at the bottom. works just as well

hope this helps

i like the idea.. looks cool.. but ( and i could be wrong as ) can u just get a float that slides up ur line? like when fishing for luderic and have the stopper up ur main line where u want ur float to sit.. i guess that stopper will hit ur runners when casting if there small but will save u on 3 way swivels.

i could visualise using that rig out of a boat in an estuary,drop your hook over the side,holding float, as the hook descends,drop float over side,feed line out,letting the current take the bait with float out to desired area where you want it.The only major question you have to answer is how high or low in the water do you want your bait sitting.

Archived