bloody catfish

NickyG

Hey All, not having time to get to coochie and launch the boat have been playing around local areas land based northside. Have done the usual Nudgee beach etc, so tried Schultz canal for the first time, ended up with 3 bream over 23cm and a nice estuary cod. But my question is whats with the goop on your line after getting a catfish? Is it something they throw up, to try and lose the hook, either way it's NAsty! Have not ventured far up schultz, does it get better? Even saw someone hooting up there in a tinnie the other day?

Cheers Nic

best way to get that slim off yourline is to cut the hook off and then use your fingers to remove it from your line then replace your hook

always know a catty when reeling in watch the line where it goes into the water the line does small circles as you reel it in.

the stories up there are hilarious. I was fishing with a couple of mates at shorncliffe once and it was their first time fishing. Hooked on this big fish with just 6lb line, we had to run around the pier, dodging peoples lines and up came the largest catfish i've ever seen, would've been close to 1m. There was a small crowd watching and I wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't there, they applauded when we finally landed the catfish, my mate was happy as it was his first fish, but I still tease him about being the only person to be applauded while fishing...

adrian if you go fishing where there are lots of tourists you quite often get filmed and applauded. i've even had japanese tourists offer me large sums of money for live mac tuna, its hillarious having 20 people follow you up and down a beach while you fight a good fish or even a big ray lotsa fun

Archived