Putting line on a reel.

MoparKevUk

Stick a screw driver through the centre of the spool, and stick the end of the screw driver somerwhere solid so the spool can move ok (a bit of friction helps).

Put the reel on a rod, feed line through runners and tie onto reel. Hold rod at 90 degrees to the spool of line, add extra tension with fingers and wind it on.

Kev,

I got this little helper of Ebay for 6.50 delivered

/>http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=120311442480

i tried it when the site was down and it works well.you tighten the bolts for better reel tension. Easy to use others may have a tried and true method but as a fairly inexperienced fisher, this is ideal for me.

regards'

hulk

I did a bit of googling on it and they are saying about how it is spooled on the reel (the new line) and how it has to be spooled onto the spinning reel the same way or it will not cast properly. Is an eggbeater a spinning reel?

What knot is required, and how much do I put on? (got more line than the max for the reel.)

Thanks for the replies, I'm learning heaps!!

Thanks for all the advice, my reel is now spooled. Ended up using some tips from here;

[video type=youtube]bDYquiQKa1A

His way of knotting onto the reel didn't work with me puny 6lb Vanish so I used a double backbone twizzle;) . Hopefully will be out and about tomorrow testing it out (Tingalpa Creek). Was on William Gunn Jetty today, at low tide:huh: Caught a few tiny perch and bream, and me boy got a tiny diamond shape fish. No sign of whatever broke me off last Wednesday.......

Lovin' this fishing lark! Loving the Forum!:fishing:

Archived