Attention Daiwa Sol or Advantage owners.

chubbstar

I have a Daiwa TD Advantage 2500 and have broken the plate from off the bottom:blink: It's the plate that runs under the reel from the back to the spool body. On the Advantage it's friggen plastic:angry: and the first thing too hit the ground if dropped:(

I'm fairly sure that the Daiwa Sol has the same body as the advantage???:huh: I'm just woundering if the bottom plate is plastic or if the Sol's is alloy? I'll order an alloy one if I can, other wise I'll be replacing the avantage's plastic one all the friggen time.

Honestly for the friggen $$$ I payed I'd expect something a bit more robust:angry:

Can anybody answer the above?:huh:

Thanks Jayson

Yeah I know what ya saying Mate:(

I stuck with Daiwa because I use my old Daiwa Regal for 10-15years with no problems, what so ever. I dropped it, threw it, caught many many fish with it, also used and abused it, but it just keeps on going. Sh!t they dont make them like they used too;)

Jayson

amazing thing fishing gear, I have a sol 3000 its been back for repair 3 times in 3 months. I bought a daiwa procaster rod couple of days ago as I had a daiwa proshooter reel I got while down here in Kiama last year and guess what that reel keeps coming loose on the rod but my shimano sustain fitts good.

You might have to spend $10 and get a reel cover for when you are transporting

Archived