Fishing park setup

Shorty

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to head up to the Fishing Park up the Sunshine Coast next week and as I've never been before I'm really not sure on what gear to take up with me.

So for those that have been up there before, what gear have you taken and what did you have success using while at the park in terms of lures or pellets and line.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and I'll post up another thread when I work out what day I'm going to head up there and others will be more then welcome to join me or I can pick you up on the way through!! Or if you want to head up there next week and can only make it on a certain day, let me know and I'll see what I can organise!

Shorty :)

i went to the park for the first time about 6 weeks ago with some other afo'ers, your best bet i hear is live poddy mullet, which you can catch b 4 you get there, allowed to take livies in which is good, we used pellets most of the day, whith results, they are not silly those fish.concentrate on 1 hour b 4 they shut up shop, and throw a couple of pellets out at a time. give it 5 mins and you will see bow waves comming off the fish,do this when nobody else is near you or you will attract everybody else in the park.once you've got them feeding, then if you have any livies left, nows the time to use em.and keep throwing out those pellets you don't need heavy gear at all, 6 - 10 lb mainline, maybe 12lb leader, but a very lite drag is needed,that was in the big boys pond..at the eastern end of this pond is a big post or pump from memory, if your facing the water ski pond, between this post/ pump thingo and the first big schrubby thing, in the middle is some stumps or pipes, only 1 or 2 try the pellets there too, good bream were 8 -12 mtrs out, i think it's called the mixed pond. good luck with it ay

chubbstar wrote:

Pellets, pellets and more pellets my friend!

That is what they eat all the time and thats what we catch them on;)

When are you planing on going up? I have Monday and Tuesday off, I would be keen to go on one of these days?

Jayson

and throw those pellets up as high as you can, the louder they plop into the water the better the results!

chubbstar wrote:

I'll meet you up there, How does Monday sound?

I use 6lb Nitlon PE braid with 14lb fluro leader.

Jayson

Sweet, sounds great!! What time do you wanna meet up..??

Cool I'm starting to get some idea of what setup to take with me... hope it will do the trick!!

I'll be stopping on my way up to see if I can pickup some livies too!!

Thanks for the suggestion mrsjimmybob - that's a great idea and not something I would have thought of so I'll be sure to give it a go!!

Shorty :)

Archived