light braid ..bigger hits or just more tiddlers?

flatty_catcher

Hey all

I just went out and flicked around the rockfish PE 6LB with 6lb leader...I have to say I had lost most of it to cast tangles than anything else, It was obviously way too light for my rod (I also beleive it was a bogus batch because after I lost the first 20 feet it stopped fraying).

Even though my rod is 6 - 12 lb, 6lb rockfish PE behaves more like 2 lb.

Anyway I just put some 4lb Berkely crystal on and I think I am well and truly over the ultra light elite braid.

Anyway people say you get more hits,but with a light leader and light line I just seem to get more tiddlers.

also BCF cannon Hill had 2 vaults for $16 and 3 starlo lures for $20.

most of the starlo lures where bigger than 5" but definitely Big Jack and Barra Lures.

Dan

yeah another good point is that the guy in the tackle store immediately said the 6lb PE was best but didn't ask me about my rod.

I have a 7" loomis 6-12 lb but is by no means a light rod, I have landed some sizable fish on it with ease.

The light 6lb PE is better suited to a lighter rod (im guessin 3kg rod with 2000 reel) with a highly sensitive tip.

Dan

Loomis Rods are underated, have a GLX BSR852 6-12 lbs. I run minimum of 12 lbs and up to 20 lbs easily.

The Crystal in lighter stuff, under 10lbs is the line to use. Crystal or Stren Micro Fuse, IMO you need a stiffer line in the lighter classes, PE braids wind knot to easily under 10 lbs

Archived