boat battery sea master

chandler130

hey yall bought my boat earlier this year and was bummed to find my battery had shit itself,wasn't looking forward to buying another but i took it out and it is a sea master and it says on the top is has 24 months warranty and is dated july 07. does anyone know a sea master battery dealer and do you think i will need the reciept???

pretty sure its finished!! has been chargin up but just goin dead really fast. been startn the trip with a full battery bout 12.6v. went fishin 6 til 10 at night powered my lowrance combo my white light when pulled up and nav while travelin and radio down real quiet.by 830 it was dead had to pull start 70 yammy for last few stops.only just had enough power to lift motor up when comin into the ramp with engine runnin.checked it with my multimeter when got home and still had 12.0v.don't have anyone around to wind it ova with tthe tester on to see wat volts pulls down too.

on average a battery should last 3 or 4 years, boat battery's suffer a bit ,lack of constant use the sit about to much ,it doesn't hurt to put them on a trickle charger every 3 or 4 months or start and run the boat for 15 min if not using them,if its a standard battery .i would check the acid level,top up with some de-mineralized water put on a trickle charger for 12hrs then, test either by cranking the boat or get it load tested by a battery mob or a auto electrician.

if its using water that's not good means its getting old.if the terminals have a lot of crosion that's a sign of age too. if u are talking a 2 year+ old battery.i always clean the terminals etc wire brush and hot water clean the crosion off and then cover with grease . if u are going to get a new battery make sure u get 1 big enough eg: 500 cranking amps for a v6 and a marine battery they are made to handle the shock.that all the info i can remember for now, hope it helps.:)

Archived