Land based at the gold coast

adri4n

I might be heading down to the gold coast on monday with some friends, the gals want to go shopping but I reckon I'll be fishing! just wondering where would be good spots to flick some lures around? just looking for any sort of hookup. all advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll only be landbased of course. I've noticed all the dedicated fishing platforms at goldy but was wondering if there anywhere worth trying. cheers.

With all the rain we have had this weekend the rivers are really dirty and will not fish well, especially up river. If you can fish the run in tide you should be able to get a bit of clean water but still concentrate around the mouths of creeks and rivers.

The way it is at the moment, one of the better spots to try would be the walls of the Seaway - spinning slugs, poppers, etc for Trevally, Either that or try the beaches with plastics for Flatties, etc -swell shouldn't be too big on Monday. Just look for a reasonable gutter with some wash running into it.

The dredge is currently working in the mouth of Currumbin Creek and that often attracts a few Whiting, and there should be a few Flatties near the mouth too.

Good Luck

Marty

Hmm.. I've only been fishing for just over a year so far and mostly landbased in brissy, would be interesting for me to try beach fishing. I'll have a look on the maps to see whats better for me, Still have a final exam on sunday so will only start planning after that.

Hmm, seems like the shopping is going to be be near biggera waters, any good fishing there near runaway bay? I suppose I could go down to the spit but is it ok to fish off the rocks there? I need some help guys, never fished off the shore/rocks down goldy yet...

Archived