Kayak anchor

Kcameron

Wetted Nemo for the third time yesterday morning at Tinchi Tamba and trolled up and drifted back down the north side of the North Pine mangroves, not a hit apart from snagging and loosing a lure on one the drifts most enjoyable anyway. my question is: is an anchor a viable option on a yak and if it is what is the best option, a sand or folding "grab" presumably of the lightest weight ?

This Kayaking has got me in as well as this web site,

great reading guys, it's a pleasure to log on and catch up with all the news.

One dissapointing note on Tinchi Tamba, the council has done a great job in creating a fantastic leisure enviroment but unfortunately there are a few boaties that expect someone else to clean up for them as tere were plastic bags,bottles and other discarded rubbish all along the pull out area, just throw it overboard and someone else will pick it up....dissapointing to see.

I'm looking forward to catching my first fish in SEQ sometime in the near future, will just have to try harder.

Kc

screw a standard bollard to your yak within easy reach so you tie anchor off - now - get 5 to 10 mtrs of slim anchor rope and a 3 kg rubberised dumbell from kmart or amart , a stainless spring clip and a crabpot float..tie rope to dumbell - run through centre of float - attach clip to end of rope...one anchor setup....anchor holds in most currents , bollard to tie off anchor rope at length needed , clip stops line pulling through float if you have to untie to chase a fish etc...come back to float and re-tie when done...all up $20-00...there are better and more expensive ways -but this works fine in quiet estuaries etc...

Archived