land fishinbg bribie tomorrow

Fisherjoe

im heading to bribie tomrrow and i was wondering if anybody can tell me where the best shore fishing is there? will be in my 4wd so can most beaches etc, and whats the best bait to use? i usually use foulgut but ive heard there is an abundance of pippies around there that i can use as well.

never had any luck with lures no matter what the guy at bcf says is the beesnees of lures for bream etc

will be there form early morn to mid to late arvo so will have enough time to move around to whatever spots you guys recomend, will also have a cpl crab pots if anybody knows any good crabbing spots i can walk to?

:fishing:

Shit if I hadn't been out fishing all day today I'd probably join you but I think I'd end up divorced! I've only been to Bribie a couple of times but from what I've gathered myself and through talking to others, worms are tops and white bait is also pretty good. I've bought Sure Strike worms from that small tackle shop on the left hand side on your way in along Bribie Island road. There's mixed opinion about them but I've always found them to be a great bait that really holds onto the hook well.

Spot wise afaik, anywhere you find a gutter along the surf side is worth a crack.

Good luck.

was a hopeless day fishing :angry:

by the time we got there after a lot of dicking around at home etc and the long time it takes to drive from the carava park up the inlandtrack to the topend because the beach was closed in a couple parts due to the lakes washing to the ocean we only got 30mins fishing done :unsure:

and wa a good spot becasue i was debaited within 10secs of the bait hitting the water, only porob was i didnt feel it till it was too late becasue of the 12kg lione on my surfrod from my days of pulling up rays on it :( so next time i go ill go for 2 days, refit my rod with smaller line and try the pumacestone passage side 1st before i go to the open ocean, as everybody was seeming to have more luck them we did just on the bank :blush:

btw does anybody know the name of the boat hire place there? and if you can hire them withpout a boat licence? and what the rates are?

yeah only just found that guys website, so when we go back there either this weekend or the next one we will be sure to hire that boat, as only $70 for the full day is an awsome price compared to all the other sites ive looked at :woohoo:

this will suit me and my 2 friends who want to come with me very well, and those photos on his website show it very promissing around that bridge hehe

Archived