stanley river/loch forbes

James W

went up to the stanley today to flog the snags to get me a cod..used all my spinnerbaits and large lures to no avail..so went back to the small stuff and manged one of the smallest bass i have ever seen :P ..no yellas today but did lose 2 more bass off the surface :(

so back to the car and went off to explore a section of the river i have never seen...walked along the river for a hourr till i found a pool that had more than a foot of water in it..but it was so clear i could see it was fishless...walked another hour and stumbled across a house!..ooops...so treked back fishless....

one more card up my sleave ;)

my mates dam..loch forbes

got in the tinny and rowed over to some lillys..flicked out a gold halco combat..2 cranks of the handle..bang!....as ussuall a awesome fight went on and i landed a 44cm beauty :) ...flicked around some more with poppers and had many strikes but no hook ups! :blink:

tied on my mates dad's jointed jitterbug and was workin it back wheni saw a dark shape following back to the boat..i paused..it sucked it in...a EEL!..went so burko it nearly made me lose my balance..it bricked me in a massive clump of weed and when i started to pull the weed out up came the jitterbug minus the back section! :ohmy:

so its getting late so i tied on a owner rover and put it in the zone..2 twitches and smack! line peeling heading straight for some lillies pulled it out to the open and landed a bass just over 40cm..it fought awesome!.....hated leaving this place as nightfall seems to bring out the bigger ones... [img size=320]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC00837.jpg

post-180-144598484812_thumb.jpg

jimmybob wrote:

....hated leaving this place as nightfall seems to bring out the bigger ones... [img size=320]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC00837.jpg

You must be getting fit with all this activity lately:woohoo:

Why would ya wanna bother chasing cod when you catch these cute little monsters:P :laugh:

Archived