KFC 31/3/09

rayke1938

Well to celebrate my 47th wedding anniversary John,graham,Bob and myself went to Sommerset again today to check the 16 redclaw traps we left in overnight. Like 47 years ago ,what a disaster, only 32 redclaw. Definatly must be something to do with day before April Fools day.They Just seem to have gone it didn't seem to matter what bait,depth or location they just seem to have gone. We shifted most of them and will try again tomorrow.No fish either but a lot of the floating weed has gone.

Cheers

Ray

i would say that if you dont check them regulary that the redclaw would have a feed then get out of the traps:laugh: as when we were up there at xmas if we did not check them often the bait would be eaten no redclaw :( but when we would check every 2hours or so we would have about 6 redclaw each time more so at night;) al

Werewolf 32 redclaw is only an average of 2 per pot only enough to feed one family not 4.

Big Al bait hardly touched we had assortment of bass frames, cat food ,dog pellets in aniseed and tuna oil, rock and watermelon.Caught nearly as many shrimp as redclaw in pots.

Cheers

Ray

Archived