anyone have a mazda 6?

kriso

Hey Guys,

going car shopping on the weekend for the mrs. she likes the mazda 6's, im a mechanic by trade and never found to many dramas with mazda's and thier build quality is pretty good. just wondering if anyone has one and how has it proformed for them?

cheers

Kriso

Before I bought my current car, I took a number of Mazda's out for test runs and they all performed nicely. Drove well, power when I needed it and easy easy to drive. From my research Mazda's were more expensive to maintain I thought but would make a great car that would be econimical and easy to look after.

There's heaps of them on the roads now, I see them all over the place. I guess it depends on what you are comparing it against in the end, but I did really enjoy driving the MPS 3's and 6's as well... but in the end I'm more than happy with the car I chose...

:D

Shorty

yeah their everywhere the buggers thats why i thought surely someone must have one on here, i never see them stuck on the side of the road or on the back of a tilt tray (unless smashed) and i havent had to do anything major to a newish mazda yet so pretty impressed, as for service costs i will be doing it myself so no real biggie there.

Owned a 6 for 5yrs before bubs came along and we upgraded to the Mazda cx-9. Never had a problem with them mechanically, drove smooth and looked great at the time ( wife had the sports kit put on :) ). The boot space is huge and interiors spacious. Mazda's while bit more expensive are built well and have good resale value.

Eki wrote:

Owned a 6 for 5yrs before bubs came along and we upgraded to the Mazda cx-9. Never had a problem with them mechanically, drove smooth and looked great at the time ( wife had the sports kit put on :) ). The boot space is huge and interiors spacious. Mazda's while bit more expensive are built well and have good resale value.

Hi Eki, how does the CX-9 go, I was thinking of picking up a second-hand CX-7 (around $34k) but I read everywhere on reviews that it is a fuel guzzler and limited boot space. I know that the CX-9 is a 7 seater but I gather the performance is the same as the same power plant is used.

I would say the Mazda-6 is like a Honda Accord - and they are reliable and the build quality is excellant.

Sorry to hijack, but I like the 6 as well but am actually thinking of getting an aurion as a family car. To me as a used buy it just makes a bit more sense because the arse end majorly falls out of aurion in the the first couple of years. e.g. A 2007 aurion with about 40000kms can be had for about $18k. I had one as a hire car a while ago and quite liked it. Plenty of poke and nice on the highway. Heaps of room too. Anyone know what they are like mechanically? Assuming that all toyotas are pretty good.

sister in law has a mazda and my bro has a mazda his second madza. both of them bought there current ones as new cars , both are very happy .both have had them about 2 year with no problems.bros old mazda 91 astina did 350 thou ,and had it for years no problems,he sold it to a mate that still driving it now.

i have a mazda 626 ,93 its got 266 thou on it no problems ,only thing i have done to it is maintenance and servicing.been flogging it for 2 years.it dose a lot of km's since it way cheaper to run than the cruiser.i will definitely but another mazda.when we bought it we where shopping for 2 to 3 grand cheapies and it pissed over all the other cheap bombs,it's got all the options and drives way better than any of the others did.

it drove better than cars that where only 8 years olds.its a 93 and we drove cars right up to 1999.

teckee7 wrote:

Eki wrote:

Hi Eki, how does the CX-9 go, I was thinking of picking up a second-hand CX-7 (around $34k) but I read everywhere on reviews that it is a fuel guzzler and limited boot space. I know that the CX-9 is a 7 seater but I gather the performance is the same as the same power plant is used.

I would say the Mazda-6 is like a Honda Accord - and they are reliable and the build quality is excellant.

CX-9 is a 3.7L V6 CX-7 is a turbo 2.3L 4.

dhess wrote:

Sorry to hijack, but I like the 6 as well but am actually thinking of getting an aurion as a family car. To me as a used buy it just makes a bit more sense because the arse end majorly falls out of aurion in the the first couple of years. e.g. A 2007 aurion with about 40000kms can be had for about $18k. I had one as a hire car a while ago and quite liked it. Plenty of poke and nice on the highway. Heaps of room too. Anyone know what they are like mechanically? Assuming that all toyotas are pretty good.

i havent heard any complaints mate about a toyota and i havent had to work on any with big drama's either, i dont mind them but the mrs doesnt like the looks as much otherwise it would be on my list thats for sure.

Archived