Fishing Byron Bay??

Gerty_92

hey im heading down to byron bay this weekend for some unknown reason. so ye i dont really know the area ive only been there twice and that was to surf...but i would like to wet a line if theres any creeks or rivers to fish. so if anybody knows the joint it would be awesome if u could giv me some spots to fish.

cheers Cameron

Off the rocks at Byron Wilko from this site gets a fairy large numner of taylor, trevs and big bream.

10 mins north of Byron is Brunswick heads. This is one of the better places for flatties, bream and jew on the east coast. Speaking from experience. Its awesome.

Surf fishing at Bruswick heads also pays off with big sea bream. I can see why this would not eb the same with the gutters at byron. Try the southern side of teh headland.

There are also heaps of freshwater creeks as the hinterland is awesome. Rolling green hills, rainforest et. Looks like Maleny, i can give pointers as i have never fished it, but i bet there would be a few wild bass up in those reaches.

Angus

hey mate, a few years ago i was down at byron but fished in the brunswick river which is about 15-20km north of byron bay. caught my first ever mangrove jack on a live prawn in this river. thers's a bridge which goes over the river called the brunswick bypass or something like that. my dad and i caught some nice bream and whiting there (mostly my dad) there is also some good banks to fish off along that stretch aswell. hope this helps you.

Troy.

the jettys in the brunswick where the trawlers tie up is famous for plenty of big jacks and the rock walls at the mouth are good spots to chase big jew , leagle size tailor for livebait.

off the rocks at byron can be brilliant sometimes in summer you get a blue water current swings in and you get tuna and king fish of the rocks if the waters cloudy youll get more your usual bream tailor silver trevaly dart and bonnito

Archived