Team Rebel/Pier Breed Double Hammers (BIG)

Power Fisherman

Here is the Report from Team Rebel/Pier Breed

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey everyone! its been a while, To long in fact, work, school, bad weather etc. has kept me away from doing nay fishing besides bass for a while now. I am done fishing shark tournnaments for good, due to lack of time, morale, and money these days. I have been spending my energy developing new anglers.

Theres a kid who fishes the local pier where I grew up fishing and learned how to shark fish named Viktor, he is 17 and one of the very few younger people around that still has a major interest in the world of land based shark fishing, so this report is much more about him and everything he has been doing more than myself or my assocaites in any way shape or form. I am just the messenger.

Viktor himself in the past couple of years has gotten 6 hammerheads and and 8ft tiger, including a 10ft hammerhead me and him captured off the pier a few weeks back when the big rain hit us. And for a long time I have been slowly getting him more into the beach/surf game b/c it is much more personal, and gives you great up close experience. after this weekend I am sure that it will be an easy decision for him to make.

I woke up saturday morning and the first thing I thought when I opened my eyes was that ..I think the kids need to fish tonight, so I made a few phone calls to people and located a 30lb amberjack for bait after I had awaken unreasonably motivated for the first time in 5 months. And preceeded to call Viktor who was tryign to catch sharkbait w/ his friend Conner atthe pier. and told him I dont care what you are doing, you are going to the beach tonight, they were skeptical at first but i persuaded them to do so.

We arrived at about 600pm, and got out to the beach with our 4 palm sized baits, I showed them how to rig tourney style with small hooks and small baits and Viktor promptly deployed 3 baits on his 12/0 on his BRAND NEW NEVER FISHED ROD, my 14/0 and 9/0...so that if any rod gets hit him or his team mate conner will fight it,....about 2 hours into the night, Viktors 12/0 takes off and he locks it into gear runs back and line is gettin ripped off his 12/0 fast! after about 3 minutes about 300yds are missing off his reel on top of the 200yds it was out and he settles in for a long battle w/ a big fish

l_e155c02317b44a6b82cd4b439f880721.jpg

The fish ran north to south and south to north about 8 times almost a full 180degrees each time...and after about an hour and a half of fighting this thing like a veteran we get a glimpse of the backside of the bar of the fish..HAMMER! someone yells, and I run out with the rope to the backside of the bar to subdue the fish and drag it in for a quick shot.

l_7f23587a5592470bb5594900754a3dc0.jpg

l_d35e3e38e1cc4fe5be9c63570592d087.jpg

l_431300b079344ddc9c69d801fe17f071.jpg

Unfortuantely the camera man did not get a full frontal shot in the chaotic 1 1/2 min it was on the beach for before I started to drag her back over the bar. But Viktor and conner were ecstatic! I was almost happier for them than they were!...The fish Taped out at 10ft 7in and was very fat, around 375-400lbs

l_35d5cc4c3b6145e8aeeece4eede9da99.jpg

But we promtply moved her back out while sustaining some serious rope burns trying to get her back over the bar, and w/o hesitation she swam right off! always great to see a hammer do!

l_850a184632ff45f2b8be3b9287e01a6d.jpg

Needless to say it was a great way to break into his beach career! He listens well and doesnt get over excited and stays cool under pressure, he wants to learn and better himself in the sport.

Well the next night rolls around, and I still had that feeling, so i woke up early to head to the boat docks to try to hustle some bait up to get the kids motivated to go back out again. Needless to say Viktor was ecstatic to go again especially since we had bait, but not one of his teammates would go, so we picked him up and headed back out, Viktor deployed 3 baits on his 12/0, my 12/0 and this guy pats 10/0..w/ the same intention....if anything gets hit, its viktors, we are just supervising/coaching. about 20minutes after deployment, the 10/0 starts getting drilled! and as Viktors going to get it the guy pat grabs it and sets up and says no way this is my fish b/c it was his rod he donated for the night, needless to say he wont be fishing w/ us again, and he was lucky that he didnt get knocked out in the process. BUT ANYWAYS he gets hooked up and his fish takes 300uyds off the 10/0 very quickly as well.

l_8a5204af34564b6eb64f8cabc97bb052.jpg

about an hour into his fight Viktors rod starts going off and Viktor leans into it and BOOM now we got a double!

l_c8f9d28291e64083ac241d3bbef005-1.jpg

But after a short 5 minute battle the culprit appears and makes its way onto the beach, a small 5ft black tip, which jeff helped him w/ the tape and pics for the tourney entry and quickly released it

l_e1fa6d3efc504c0abcf11f93954ff9e0.jpg

Then about 15minutes later we finally see pats fish after it made 5 blistering runs when it got to the sand bar..another hammer jeff says, so we go out and subdue it quickly and drag it up for a couple of quick shots, and reelase her back int othe water, she taped out at about 8ft 9in and around 200lbs.

l_fff54aea4e65494b9a5389413dad20e9.jpg

l_8e65a51888964d3a9f59075b91254386.jpg

All in all, good stuff, Viktor is progressing great right now and i swear this kid must be made of dang nails cause anytime hes around hammers show up. Hopefully he can get himself the trophy fish but if not his prescnece is now known. Im sure W/ what team Pier Breed is doing I will be posting again here shortly...until next time...tight lines all!

-Team rebel/Pier Breed out! :twisted:

Archived