fishing for Yellas

fisherjack1394

Hey my name is jack and i enjoy fishing for yella's. they are also know as golden perch. the largest golden perch i have seen anybody catch was 14pound and this is a very big Golden perch. but i thought i would just share this pic of me holding a small yella that i caught on silver spinner. this one weighed in at just over 1 pound. if anybody has any tips for catching these butiful fish plz contact me thanks. [img size=480]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/6ssyno-4b0258115854976a4f8cce39d31e5915.jpg

post-5611-144598489438_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting tactic with the float mate!

There are a few top spots locally in Brisbane and sorrounds for good yella fishing.

My top three locations to date have been:

North Pine Dam

Stanly River

Hinze Dam

Thanks for the intro mate and welcome to the site.

Angus

Fishing for yellas in the Condamine. They're a lot harder to get on lures out there. Tail spinners or spinnerbaits are your best bet.The waters so dirty that you need a lure with maximum vibration and snag proof qualities to tempt these fish. Unless you can find some slightly cleaner water. Hint...some of the smaller creeks have cleaner water and hold good numbers of fish. I've got a few spots out there where the water clarity is pretty good. By pretty good I mean a foot of clearance, which for out that way is pretty good.

The best method for getting onto yellas is to sit on a log and bob with smallish yabbies.

You'll quite often pull four or five yellas from under the same log. But you have to know the good spots. ;)

Archived