Trouble with reel

dan25

hey guys

Just been loading some Fireline braid onto a light Pelagic reel i got off ebay not long ago.

its not going onto the speel evenely and is going on the bottom most of the time. this reel has always had Mono on it, and has been no problem with loading mono on it.

i know its a cheap reel, but i find it weird that its only going wrong with the braid??

any help would be awesome :)

Thanks

Dan

always buy what you cant afford at the time,by the time next payday comes around you dont worry about it.sorry, but if you buy crap thats what you get.or buy from america online for your big purchases and you will realise why we get so ripped off by distributors and sales taxes in this great country of ours.

mate a bit hard to explain but il try.

If you take the spool off is there afew small washer looking things? sitting on the main thread on the reel? what you need to do is trial and error. take one or two off then try re loading the line back on and this "should" help ya out, Its a bit hard with the cheaper reels but some of the high end stuff still has the same probs and explain without pics. hope that makes sence cheers

is this a spinning reel? if so are u using a backing of mono? also when loading any type of superline i.e. braid or fireline types your drag should be buttoned down. also ive noticed with fireline it is not totally round so it loads on funny sometimes. also the same thing the others said about the shims. make sure when using braid that your drag can handle it. its always better to spend more on a good reel than to save a few bucks. you get what you pay for especially when it comes to reels. the cheaper it is the crappier the components they use. if you want a good reel for the money get a cheaper daiwa shimano or abu garcia. ive had a garcia since i was 13 im 35 now and the thing still works. my stradic is 10 years old and still going strong. hope it helps.

fishingnut wrote:

mate a bit hard to explain but il try.

If you take the spool off is there afew small washer looking things? sitting on the main thread on the reel? what you need to do is trial and error. take one or two off then try re loading the line back on and this "should" help ya out, Its a bit hard with the cheaper reels but some of the high end stuff still has the same probs and explain without pics. hope that makes sence cheers

this is great advice. Ive even seen the same problem on a $500 TD Diawa reel.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived