new boats

noname

went and had a look at a few boats today while out with richard, gotta tell ya's, a bit dissapointed in the new quintrex hornet and top ender range. cant see anybody who knows a little about boats buying these boats! it seems more emphisis is being put into how good they look sitting on a trailer, than how good they should be to fish out of, which they also claim. hmmm. come in spinner!

Quintrex seem to gear and market their boats toward the first time boat owner.

They are very pretty. Lotsa fairings and plastic to make it look good.

What was amusing was seeing a lady who has been selling boats for 8 months trying to sell a boat to a guy that has been fishing 30 plus years.

Also looked at some signature's. Nice looking boats but the max rating HP on them was really bad for their size.

a friend has the 4.75 phantom, with a 60 4 stroke, flat out is 36 mph. pretty quick considering it has as much weight in it as my haines.

140 ltr fuel

120 ltr live well

2 live bait tanks

3 stories of flooring

2 m 70 batteries

2 130 ah deepcycles

105 lb bow mount

then there's safety gear and fishing gear, lugg in another 200 kilo for both he and i, and that's not to bad performance wise i think. also the floor isn't timber, it's plastic cutting board material. hmmm. it rides pretty well and very stable, but in the bay, take ya raincoat, seems to be a very wet boat out there. his also has the large reverse strake up front running 2/3 of the way down the boat. but overall the best boat of this type i have been in.

another friend has a 4.75 trail craft centre console he's thinking of selling, as he works in the mines out whoop whoop and comes home for 4 days and flies back for 10, it's not getting used much now, he just put in a big furuno color sounder and garmin color gps bimini top and a 2nd battery, i can honestly say that i didn't mind fishing out of that either, and we have been in some crap let me tell ya. some of the worst conditions i've seen in the bay and it performed nicely, but just got wet, it's only water ay. so thats another 1 to think about. and i can get it at the right price too.

the phantom is what made me fall in love with blue fins the hellcat has a slightly different hull shape witch makes them heeps dryer i had my boat heading over to mud through about .5 meter chop at 80-85 kmph and did not get a drop of water in boat i think they will change hull after they see so much sucecess in hellcat

poor ol max biaggi, the gp rider. had a boat built with get this. 130 rooms. they do it tough. also noted kimi raikonen, monaco f1 gp last year convienently crashed or stopped near his yacht, kicked off the suite and kicked back with friends so it looked, what a life ay, :huh:

noname wrote:

a friend has the 4.75 phantom, with a 60 4 stroke, flat out is 36 mph. pretty quick considering it has as much weight in it as my haines.

140 ltr fuel

120 ltr live well

2 live bait tanks

3 stories of flooring

2 m 70 batteries

2 130 ah deepcycles

105 lb bow mount

then there's safety gear and fishing gear, lugg in another 200 kilo for both he and i, and that's not to bad performance wise i think. also the floor isn't timber, it's plastic cutting board material. hmmm. it rides pretty well and very stable, but in the bay, take ya raincoat, seems to be a very wet boat out there. his also has the large reverse strake up front running 2/3 of the way down the boat. but overall the best boat of this type i have been in.

How on earth does he fit that much crap into a 4.75m boat?

How is the plastic floor? Does it work well? I am keen to replace the floor in my boat with plastic type decking or checker plate aluminium.

Archived